Sunday, April 4, 2010

Who is a friend?

Is she the girl who sat next to you in school?
Or the dame you thought was so cool?
Is she your friend because you have a shared memory?
Or was that friendship just temporary?

That colleague you befriended the first day,
And sat over many lunch boxes, discussing non issues with everyday.
Is she your friend, because you can giggle with her over nothing?
But does she help when you need something?

I don’t know, for I’ve never had that kind of friend.
Is it just me, or are there more around,
who do not understand the rules of friendship?
Is it a kind of relationship?

I’ve a few friends, but they may never know.
They have no tags, to show.
Best buddy or bosom pal, they are not
But in my heart
They are my friends.
                                                 ...Anjana

All you poets out there, please forgive this feeble attempt at poetry, all rhyming and childish, but it is the thought that counts..dont you agree?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your poetry is cool...

"Is she the girl who sat next to you in school?
Or the dame you thought was so cool?
Is she your friend because you have a shared memory?
Or was that friendship just temporary?"

Anjana, I invite you to visit my blog Storywheel and read the story titled Ego and let me know.

Anjana Viswanathan said...

hi giri. thankyou for dropping by. Read your story, have left a comment at your blog. Have a good day.